Friday, October 21, 2005

The Adventure Begins

So here I am in SF. Got up at the ungodly hour of 4:10am and was at the airport at 4:52am – thanks Dad!!!

Flight was uneventful. I grabbed the opportunity to catch an hour’s sleep while the pilot deftly made his way from OC to Oakland. [That is my superpower, you know. According to Beernut, I can go to sleep anywhere, anytime.]

We arrived at baggage claim the same time the San Diego team arrived. They had fantastic purple team jackets. I am so covetous!! Not surprised, mind you. Considering we didn’t even have water stops on most runs, it would have been out-of-character for us to have any spirit-building apparel!

The line at the hotel was outrageous. Some of the others just put their stuff in the bag check. Since we can’t even pick up our registration packets at the Expo until 11:00am, M and I figured we’d just get in line and see if our rooms were available. Hooray – we’ve got our rooms.

Not so fast…

Quite shockingly, when I opened the door, the TV was on. Bed was unmade. Towels strewn all over the bathroom.

How can I have made such a mess when I only just got here?!?

Apparently, housekeeping had yet to clean the room and they shouldn’t have given it to me. I called the Front Desk who transferred me to Housekeeping. The very nice lady in Housekeeping was just appalled and very apologetic. She suggested that I call the Front Desk, but when I told her that I had already done that, she apologized again and said that she was going to report this to her manager. Hey – these things happen. Not usually at a Marriott, but hey – we’re all human.

As long as the sheets are clean before I return for my nap…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com