Sunday, July 31, 2005

Disabled List

SO I am still on the disabled list!

I saw the doc on Friday and it was determined that running was NOT in my future...at least not for the Saturday run.

Lest you think that I got the day off, I was permitted to walk. But for no more than three hours! So I did in fact walk just under 3 hours -- which was a little over 7 miles.

It was a very good decision not to run. And it was a good decision not to walk any more than prescribed by the doctor because after only a few miles, I could tell that the hamstring was tightening up again. And this was after heating the muscle (with a rice-filled sock) and doing a really thorough stretch.

Aftermath -- not so bad. I did a really good stretch after the walk and showered in pretty cool water as soon as I got home. Before I went to bed, I soaked in our unheated spa and so this morning it isn't bad. Tight? A little. Sore to the touch? Absolutely. But no pain and no limp.

A definite improvement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com