Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Whew...I did it!

It was awesome!! I am really sore and tired, but so happy.

Pre-Race

The Pasta Celebration was a little disappointing. I had envisioned a huge plate of plain spaghetti. Instead, it was three types of pasta in sauce. A little too heavy on the garlic, if you ask me. The bread was great. And there was plenty of food. But it just wasn't what I had wanted for the night before the race.

I was surrounded, however, by some of the most supportive people in the world. You already know that I was with MrsGiraffe, PC, ActorBro, SIL, and JockBro. Rounding out the table were Missy and her SO and Amy and her SO. We are the most spirited three-some there is!!




After the dinner, our entire team met for a brief last-minute meeting. Mostly instructions...not too much rah-rah. We could have used more rah-rah, if you ask me. Took pictures and then headed back to the hotel.

Team Tortoise had a brief meeting in the lounge in order to plan where our supporters would be along the route. To be honest, this started making me nervous and I though I was going to freak out. So I left the map with them and headed back to the room. Nerves were really getting a hold of me, and I knew that I needed to start getting my stuff ready for the next day.

Note to self: in the future, prepare race stuff before that pasta dinner not after the dinner.

I pulled out everything I was going to need for the next day. There really is something theraputic about the process. It was reassuring to lay out each item and make order out of things when inside all I felt was chaos. I set out my clothes my very supportive husband did too.



I filled my bottles with Gatorade and water and stuck them into the ice bucket. Needless to say, I was not the only one with that brilliant idea. The ice machine on our floor was completely out of ice and I went to the 9th floor in search of some.

I ordered my wake-up call and then listened to my relaxing playlist on the iPod. It must have worked because I quickly fell asleep and to my surprise, slept quite well.


Coming in the next installment: The Start and The Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com