Sunday, October 23, 2005

All Hail the Running Rabbit


Yes, you read that correctly. All along the route I heard, "great job, Running Rabbit," "go for it Robbie," "looking good Robin." And I would just mutter, "rabbi. It says rabbi." Once-in-a-while, I heard someone say "Shalom," which I though was pretty funny.

Well, faithful readers -- I did it! I am now a marthoner. I am also a very, very sore marathoner. I will go into more details tomorrow because, as you might guess, I am one very tired girl. However, let's just say that I'll be coming home with a slight limp. I really strained my IT muscle. That is the iliotibial band that runs from the hip and extends to the outer side of the tibia. It started to give be problems around mile 14, which made for a very long race! Rest, ice, and anti-inflammatories should help, but I'll be pretty sore for a few days.

It was an amazing day and I am still overwhelmed by what I've been able to accomplish. The Tiffany finisher's medal, while really cool, is just the icing on this cake. I did something today that only 1% of the population does, albeit a bit slower :)


I'll give full race details tomorrow and will post pix soon!

6 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

Thanks so much.

I really can't believe how much it hurts!! I stopped at three or four aid stations (it's starting to all run together) and then visited the race doc during the Victory Party. Diagnosis -- IT Band. I just can't see how I'm going to make it through the airport tomorrow morning!!

Good job with the 1/2. I think that I'm going to stick to those for a while!!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger PepGiraffe said...

Yee-haw! Mazel tov, Running Rabbit/Rabbi/Robin/Robbie/Giraffe.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Danny said...

Mazel Tov!!

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel tov! I can only imagine how thrilled you must feel -- nothwithstanding the pain -- accomplishing a very tough goal, and one for which you have been preparing for quite a while.

Yasher ko'ach.

T.H.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

Thanks Danny! You must be getting so excited for NYC!! The doctor who is the official doc for NYC was the Team in Training doc this past weekend. He was wonderful!! I saw him after for the ITB and he was just really mentchy!

Keep it up!
:) R

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lenni said...

Hooray for comments! Ok the funniest thing ever yelled at me during a marathon was when I was a spectactor. (Actually, I'm always a spectator but people don't usually cheer at you) Anyway, someone saw my college sweatshirt and cheered for me. This is only funny because my school only had about 3,000 people and I was halfway across the country. So hooray Rabbit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com