Friday, October 21, 2005

Time for some Shut-Eye

I love my children...I really do. But it is such a treat to sleep and not worry about them waking me up during the night -- which has been somewhat of a regular occurance as of late. Of course, ActorBro kicks and grinds his teeth in his sleep...

I digress.

So ActorBro and I got all dolled up for the VIP reception. We looked pretty good, though we suspect that ActorBro was actually wearing JockBro's pants. Long story. Anyhow, we got on the shuttle and headed to the party, which was being held at City Hall. Now I don't have a lot of experience with City Halls. The one in Fountain Valley, for example, is comfy and homey. Rather like Fountain Valley herself. Remember, Fountain Valley is a nice place to live!! But the Fountain Valley City Hall is certainly not in the same league as the one here in San Francisco. It is one of the most stunning buildings I've seen! Incredible architecture.

The reception itself was nowhere near as stunning as the building. There were speeches, of course. SOme were inspirational. Wonderful crystal bowls were donated by Tiffany's for the top five fundraisers. I am truly humbled by the astonishing amounts raised by these people. The top fundraiser raised over $500,000! Simply amazing. Over $14 million was raised overall. What wonderful things can be achieved with that kind of money.

The food was pretty treify so ActorBro and I cut out after the speeches. Great parting gift -- a photo frame with the Team-in-Training logo and a coupon for a free photo taken of me by the official photographers. I'll explain more about the whole photo thing tomorrow or Sunday. What a thoughtful momento of this weekend.

We caught up with my Girlie-Girls and their guys for dinner. Except that we didn't stay. We went to the Cheesecake Factory but the wait was 2 hours long. ActorBro was fading fast so we headed to a diner-like establishment.

That brings Day #1 to a close. We are hitting the hay since I reckon I won't get much sleep tomorrow night. And even if I do, I've got to be in the lobby at 4:00am on Sunday.

Gut Shabbos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com