Saturday, July 02, 2005

Team Player??

8 miles. That was our goal for the day.

I did do it, though we (the Tortoises) walked the final 1.5 miles. Not because we couldn't run it. One of us was in pretty bad pain and we've been told over and over not to run through it because that is what leads to injuries. Instead, we stretched and just kept moving.

I know with all my heart that I could have run the final 1.5 miles. But this isn't about the running. It's also about being a part of a team. As a new athlete, I don't have any experience having been on a team. Sure, in the working world we bandy about the phrase "team player" all the time. But how many of us really know what it is like to let go of a goal in order to physically and emotionally support another member of the team??

Now I know.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger PepGiraffe said...

I wrote a really great comment and I somehow didn't submit it. However, I will try to recreate what I said.

I can't believe how proud of you I am. It isn't that I didn't think you couldn't do it. It's that I knew you could AND you did. Yay Riv!

There was more and it was better. But it's late and I'll see you tomorrow. Love- me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com