Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Best Laid Plans...

I did not run yesterday.

I meant to...

But I didn't!

I think that I have decided that I just can't do the early am runs during the week. Or rather, my circadian clock has decided it for me.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a morning person. Some people are morning people. They naturally rise with the birds, happy to greet a new day with a cheerful disposition.

My cheerful disposition doesn't even emerge until half past 10:00.

According to family legend, when my parents first brought me home from the hospital, I slept soundly and did not stir until 9:00am. My parents were the envy of all their friends. There must be some truth to the story because my sister followed not long after!! Still to this day, if left undisturbed, I will sleep until 9:00am.

And then I had children. Children who rise with the sun. Real funny, God!!

In any event, I just couldn't drag myself out of the house yesterday. PC (short for Prince Charming, my husband!) suggested that I run after work. When I reminded him that I would get home after 8pm, he said that I could still run then and it would be a great way to end my day. A run in the twilight would be calming.

Very supportive...

I indeed got home after 8pm...and he thought it would be a good idea to get him some dessert on the way home!!

So much for the run ;)

Better luck tonight!! Hope he enjoyed his pie -- cuz I have a date with the road after work!!

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

Yeah, but they are so darn cute!!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Bex said...

good luck! i'm training with TNT too, it's my second time around. last year i ran the san diego marathon, and this year i'm running nyc. lots of my good friends are running the women's marathon in san fran with you. it is such a phenomenal experience, and i'm so excited for you to run your first marathon and achieve all of your milestones for the first time! lots of luck with your training and fundraising, you'll do great!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

wow...thanks so much for your nice thoughts. It's so encouraging to hear from people who have successfully completed the TNT program and are doing it again!!! Unlike Weight Watchers...where it is totally disheartening to hear from people who are doing it for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time!!

Wow...NYC Marathon!!! That is a serious one. At least we get cool jewelry at the SF one ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com