Monday, June 27, 2005

Whew!

Saturday's run was really hard. Wonder why that could be. Well, don't know for sure...so I'm just thinking out loud...

(1) I skipped TWO runs last week and my muscles apparently had atrophied in just 5 days.

(2) We ran a different route and this one was hilly. I guess that we use different muscles when negotiating the hills, and my muscles were none too thrilled! I went home and just thought that my legs were going to stop working.

(3) 6 miles is far!!! And in my case, long too. I am so darn slow that it took me 2 hours to run it. I am attributing my particularly slow pace to the aforementioned hilly course.

Many of you know that I love to take a Shabbos shluffy. Typically, I like to nap in the early afternoon but since I've taken up running, I find that an additional nap right after my run (shower first, of course) helps me make it through the day.

This past Saturday, unfortunately, saw no time for a nap. (*sigh*) With the children's huge bday bash on Sunday, we had not a moment to lose. After my shower, there were tables and chairs to pick up, haircuts, cleaning, and a bday dinner for Beernut (child #1). A 35 minute shluff in the mid afternoon just didn't cut it.

When I woke up yesterday morning, my entire body ached. I really didn't know how I was going to make it through the pre-party prep, let along the party itself. Thanks to a terrific husband, an amazing brother, and a fabulous girlfriend, the party came off without a hitch. Well, one minor meltdown by the bday boy -- but other than that, another successful fete at the "Bull" household.

I knew that there was no way that I was going to get up and run this morning. Today was the first day of summer camp, and I'm the Camp Rabbi. I had hoped to get in a run after camp -- but senior camp staff meeting take precedence. I think that I might need to start bringing my running gear with me to work so that I can fit in a run as soon as camp is over. It's a bit hillier here than our usual route, but I imagine that it will help my endurance and overall strength. What do you think??

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger PepGiraffe said...

I think that's a smart idea. It would be for me because any time I get home, some weird sci-fi thing takes over that turns me into metal filings and my couch into a magnet.

Why are you the bull household?

Love to Beernut and Poppyseed. (And Prince Charming.)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

That happens to you too???

Translation of surname into a certain Semetic language!!

BTW...Frume Sarah is back!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com