Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I'm always the last to know...

I think that I've decided that I enjoy running much more when I run at the end of my day rather than at the beginning. I ran at the end of my day yesterday and it was just a nice way to end the day. Plus, then I can go right to bed and not feel guilty!!

Running at the end of the day allows me time to ruminate about the day lived rather than worry about the day as it stretches before me. Unless I begin to worry about the next day, and then the whole point of running as relaxation is for naught.

I ran a new route yesterday. The change was nice. And I ran into some congregants from my former congregation. I think of them as former congregants, but it occurs to me that one might infer that they no longer affiliate with the congregation. Actually, I no longer affiliate with that congregation -- as far as I know, they meet their membership responsibilites in a timely fashion. In any event, it was nice to chat with people whom I have not seen in a long time and share with them my latest endeavour. It was also nice to find out how their supernice kids are doing. You know those kids that are just really nice kids? The ones that are polite, respectful, smart, etc. This family was blessed with TWO of them -- I have to attribute it to the parents, who are also polite, respectful, smart, etc.

My Grandmother mentioned something interesting at shul on Sunday night. In reference to my marathon training, she said, "anyone who knows you would believe that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to." Interesting. I guess that I really always am the last to know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RunningRabbi may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com